The Top 5 Marketing Trends to Watch in 2022
Updated: Nov 15
The digital marketing industry is constantly evolving and it becomes more and more difficult to keep up with all the trends and best practices. It's not enough to know what you’re doing right now; we need to make sure we're thinking about what we might be doing in 2022 and the next three to five years! If you want to stay on top of your game in this industry, it's time for a refresher read in digital marketing trends.
The key to success for any company is to be innovative in order to stay relevant in an evolving market. To make sure that their brand stays ahead of changing needs and desires, companies should invest heavily in research and development efforts focused on new technologies.
There are many trends that will dominate the marketing industry in 2022. In this article, we'll review some of the most important learnings from 2021 that will help shape your strategy for 2022. With these insights, you can create a sustainable growth plan that will maximize your reach and revenue.
1. Virtual reality: Virtual reality is one such technology that has been gaining traction as a way for businesses to connect with their customers as well as personalize their offerings. With Facebook changing its name to Meta and gaming marketing gaining momentum, we’ll see the shift moving from the social media world to the virtual reality world.
Virtual reality, or VR, is taking the world by storm. With this technology, you can experience anything from cooking with Gordon Ramsay to walking on Mars. With VR, companies are able to bring their product directly to their consumers and create a one-of-a-kind experience for them.
2. Artificial Intelligence: AI remains an important trend for marketers in 2022. It can be used for large-scale campaigns to get the word out about a product. It can also be used to target specific audiences with highly personalized messages, which can be done for a fraction of the cost. AI can collect, organize, analyze and summarize data in order to generate relevant marketing messages. This helps companies to massively save time and money.
3. Chatbots and pop-up conversations in the cookieless world: Chatbots have provided us with a new way to interact with an organization without having to wait for a human representative. The tailored experience they offer is very helpful in allowing us to get answers considerably faster than if we were to contact them by phone for example.
As Google has announced that it will stop the use of third-party cookies in Chrome by the end of 2023, chatbots will be even more important. Chatbots and pop-up conversations will enable brands to collect zero party data which will replace third-party cookies and be critical for successful and personalized campaigns in this new cookieless world. Successful brands will start leveraging more and more zero party data in 2022 to prepare themselves in 2023’ cookieless world.
4. Micro social media influencers: The major growth of TikTok has created a new opportunity for social media influencers to collaborate with brands and make money. The app has enabled many people to become famous and make a living off social media by creating short videos that are shared with others on the platform. With this new form of online entertainment, brands can now use influencers as a way to advertise their products and services because the influencers’ followers trust them
But not all influencers are created equal. They vary in size, niche, and demographic. So finding the right fit is important for any company looking to use social media influencers in their marketing strategy.
While some brands can afford to spend a lot of money on a high-profile influencer, others might have a more modest budget and need to find an influencer with a lower price point. It is important to find the authentic influencer for your authentic brand. in 2022, we’ll see brands collaborating with several micro influencers with lower price points rather than one or two macro influencers or celebrities.
5. Hail to the copywriting: Copywriting is one of the oldest forms of marketing. Great copywriters are able to write in a variety of formats and styles with an appealing tone to attract readers.
In the world of business, messaging is vital for reaching a target audience. They need to know what you're targeting and why they should care about it. These messages can be delivered through various channels such as print marketing, social media marketing, email marketing and more. There are a variety of platforms that can help you get your message out there.
Technological platforms and trends change, but the message remains. So, no matter what technology platform or channel you are using, make sure to master your message.
Conclusion - What Will Be The Decisive Growth Factor For Digital Marketing Professionals?
The future of the marketing industry is not determined yet. But one thing is sure, it will be influenced by digital transformation. This article has laid out the trends in the marketing industry. The predictions for this year are about what changes these trends can bring to companies, marketers, companies and consumers.
We have seen how AI-powered tools are helping marketers to save time and money and deliver personalized campaigns. We have also seen how virtual reality marketing will change the marketing landscape together with TikTok micro influencers in 2022.
No matter what happens in terms of technologies and future trends, one thing remains timeless in marketing; the message. Own your message. Master it. The success will belong to those companies and marketers who can take advantage of technology benefits such as AI to scale fast and reach more people while delivering the perfect message to the right audience.